Monday, April 6, 2009

"I used to be with it...



...but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's it seems weird and scary. It'll happen to you!"

Maybe the above quote from the wise Grandpa Simpson is a little premature: I like to think I'm still with "it," but you know those moments where you feel incredibly out of the loop? Well, I'm going to tell you about one. There's this band called An Horse that I absolutely adore (and you all should too). I knew they were playing shows in North America so I kept my eye on when they were coming and saw that they were opening for some band I'd never heard of called Wintersleep. Turns out, they are popular as fuck because when I finally hit up Ticketmaster shit was sold out. Here's the kicker, my dear poseur friend (it's okay I called her that. She knows she's a poseur. She told me to say that.) already had tickets and went. She said it was amazing and now I'm jealous. This was as bad as when I found out Bloc Party was coming from a Ticketmaster e-mail. Seriously, I used to be on top of this kind of shit.

Anyway, here's one of her pictures of Kate from An Horse. Hopefully the first and last in a series of "pictures from shows I didn't go to but seriously wish I had."

No comments: