Monday, October 19, 2009

Old Skool Joint of the Week #10



This week's song comes from 1999's Fanmail, aka the last record TLC released that mattered (I know it's rough, but it's true: there's no TLC without Left Eye). Now I know everybody remembers No Scrubs and Unpretty so I'm not going to waste your time by putting on of those up. Instead, I want to talk about the relatively successful (for an unofficial single) I'm Good At Being Bad. I don't think that TLC was ever meant for children, but they were definitely popular with young girls. This record came out when I was 12, and this was one of those tracks I had to turn the volume down on so my parents wouldn't hear me listening to it. Now it's ten years later and I'm still vibing to it.

Here's a video of them performing a slightly edited version on the Fanmail tour, plus a link to the album version, so you can find out just what type of man T-Boz, Left Eye, and Chilli were looking for:



DL: TLC - I'm Good At Being Bad

No comments: