Thursday, December 31, 2009

In The Year 2009

2009 was honestly kind of a downer so I don’t have anything nostalgic or clever to say about it. I’m glad this bullshit is over so I’m just going to talk about the music. This year Kristine fell in love with Drake and J. Cole, and I learned to fucking hate Drake and started listening to Mos Def instead.

Song Artist of the Year:

BEYONCE

From Single Ladies, to Video Phone this year was all about Sasha Fierce. Although I should mention one Beyonce related highlight. When we saw her on tour back in Spring we were called out for being “really good singers” after we belted out an amazing off-key rendition of “Halo.” How embarrassing.




Honourable Mentions:

Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind
- I can’t think of another song that got killed by airplay faster than this one, but when it still the best song off that record. When Jay performed it we vibed so hard I think I threw my back out.
Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say
-This first time I heard this song on the radio I thought it was a joke. I still can't believe how big it got. My favourite thing about it is being able to relive the scene where Marissa shot Trey on the OC while I get my dance on.
Jada - American Cowboy
- This song was the soundtrack to Wilson's bachelor party, and then became the soundtrack to our Summer. It is also notable because insinuating that these fine ladies might not be the classiest is the only thing that got this blog any comments.
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
- Gaga Ooh la la
Miike Snow - Animal
Kristine found it on Drake's blog. I was confused to have Drake's blog in my history.
Rihanna - Hard
Wale - World Tour
- Despite his album being criminally undershippped, we both went out and got this on release day. You hear that Wale? We love you. We almost even forgive you for skipping out on Jay's date here. So cheer the fuck up.
J. Cole - Lights Please
- Kristine is J. Cole's number one fan girl. As a result, I know more about him than anyone really should.
Asher Roth - I Love College
- Kristine also fell in love with Asher Roth this year. I was glad this affair was short lived.

No comments: