Sunday, February 15, 2009

What [I'm] Turning #10

Photobucket

Busta Rhymes - Number One (feat. T.I. and Akon)

Predictable I know, but I need my T.I. fix before he goes to prison and we don't hear from him for a year and a day. The song really does it for me, and not just because of obvious reasons. I was a little hesitant to listen to this song, because I already have enough Akon plays than I care to admit, but irregardless, Bussa Bus really rips this one [which isn't so surprising, though, I try to pretend Arab Money never happened]. Plus, Cool and Dre do nothing wrong with the production on this song either. Well worth the 30 plays in the last two days (which isn't bad considering my history of overplaying songs).

Photobucket

Low - Breaker

I'm not going to lie, since the days of The O.C., One Tree Hill, and back when I watched Grey's Anatomy and cried during every episode, I've been getting a lot of my independent music choices from TV. This one came of the most recent episode of Skins [Poor Panda. And I don't care what anyone says: EFFIE AND FREDDIE = SHIPPED.] This song has, what are likely the most emo lyrics I have ever heard (granted there aren't that many lyrics to begin with), but that doesn't take away from the epic-ness that is the song that I will likely listen to in my room in the dark when I'm on my period. (PS: I think it's weird that they're kind of old. Just saying.)

I've also turned I'm On A Boat by The Lonely Island boys far too many than I would EVER care to mention... I'm an embarrassment, this I know.

PS: Don't worry ["who's worrying," you ask? I ask that too.], we haven't killed the blog.

No comments: