Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Right Kind Of Wrong

Sometimes, when I get incredibly bored and I don't have any papers due in the immediate future I start feeling a little nostalgic. So rather that go the usual route and pull Clueless off the shelf, I decided to revisit another gem from my younger years: Coyote Ugly

Coyote Ugly is one of those movies that was totally awesome when seen through your 13 year old eyes, and well, still kind of is through um, somewhat older ones. Plus, it has a wicked soundtrack. Don't deny it.

Before I get to the gif tribute I've got lined up, I need to mention something. I don't know how this dvd sat on my shelf for 9 years without me realizing it had cast audio commentary on it. Maybe I just didn't give a fuck about audio commentary when I was 12, but I'm sad I waited this long for it. You know why? Because of Tyra Banks. Remember how it was sort of a big deal that she was going to be in this movie, but then basically only had 2 scenes? Well, you wouldn't be able to tell based on the commentary.

Within the first 20 or so minutes she:

-Freaks out about seeing her name in the credits.
-Talks about how much she loves karaoke, and gives a brief demonstration.
-Talks about her first apartment in Paris, while the others talk about living at the Y and in Women's Shelters with nuns.
-Makes that scene with the fierce receptionist all about her saying she's "been there".
-Complains that she was too skinny (ironic, no?) during the diner scene because she "wasn't eating carbs."

Nice to know Tyra was still "Tyra" even before ANTM. She even does that switching between being extra articulate and kind of ghetto thing too.

ANYWAY, gif time:


Not that I've ever tried to whore up my own t-shirts, but that is not how that shit works.


If I were Violet Sanford, and the last place I worked was a pizza parlour, I'd probably just slowly back out and admit I made a mistake when I applied for this one.


I guess they er... decided to throw in something for the ladies too. After this, Mr. O'Donnell went on to star in blockbuster films like Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.


Fish and $100: the one sure way to a woman's heart.


Calm down John Goodman. It's just a little water and dancing on a bar. It's not like she's put her dreams on hold and tossed aside her dignity or anything.


When this came out, all my friends told me that out of the coyotes I was "the bitch." I'm still not sure if I should have been offended by that or not.


Of course the movie has a storybook ending. Violet Sanford sells her song to ... Leanne Rimes? Ok. I guess that works.

No comments: