Sunday, November 8, 2009

Old Skool Joint of the Week #11

Billy Joel - The River of Dreams

Usually when I get the urge to blog but don't really know what I want to write about, I just put my "OMG the 90s" playlist on shuffle and skip through until a song comes on that gets me excited. Now, if I were making a list of songs from the early 90s that I absolutely loved, this probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind. There's nothing "cool" about this week's song. I don't think all the 6 year olds were grooving to this in their bedrooms, nor do I think this would ever fill a dance floor, but the instant I heard this one I knew it had to go up.

Way back in '93 my parents drove a 1980-something Ford Thunderbird with no FM radio, and nothing as high tech as a tape deck, so we had to deal with whatever the AM dial would give us. I remember this song being a staple on 14 CFUN when they used to actually play music so this one is tied up with all sorts of childhood memories. Hopefully, some of you feel the same way.


Billy Joel - The River Of Dreams (Official Music Video)


DL (mp3): Billy Joel - The River of Dreams

No comments: