Sunday, November 29, 2009

Old Skool Joint of the Week #13 (?)

Brandy and Monica - The Boy Is Mine

Since the last post on this blog was about two fabulous women getting together and collaborating, I figured I'd choose something that was along the same lines (though I wouldn't say these two are as fabulous as Beyonce or Gaga, but when I was 11 I had slightly different standards).

So let me take you all back 11 years (can you believe it's been that long?) to a time where Brandy and Monica were two of the hottest ladies in the R&B world. Naturally, they obviously had to be rivals and completely hate eachother. What better way to clear the air than to get together and record a track about how you're both in love with the same man?

Now, I don't know if anyone else spent hours at sleepovers working out routines with their childhood "bffs," but I know I sure as hell did. I always played the part of Brandy, partially because she was my favourite but mostly because at one point I had the braids.

So let's all take a few minutes to relive our past and enjoy the video (and make sure to note how 90s it is, from the decor, to the Jerry Springer on the tv, to the cameo by Mekhi Phifer):



DL: Brandy (Feat. Monica) - The Boy Is Mine

No comments: