Sunday, November 15, 2009

What I'm Turning: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm so hard...



Clipse - Doorman

Let's be real, while Rihanna's new song, Hard, is not exactly an accurate description of the "edgy" little island girl (really, it's as if I sang that song), it's really the only word I can use to describe Clipse's new joint, Doorman.

I haven't loved a Pharrell or The Neptunes production in a while. Maybe Pharrell's been too caught up in the fashion game, and maybe Chad has been to busy being my only Filipino boyfriend, to really focus on producing good music --who knows. Irregardless, it seems like they might be back... because this is how you make a dope mother fucking song --producers, take note.

Granted, I'm not hard to please (ex: I spent a week listening/dancing to the entire New Boyz record), but I think even hip hop heads (like me) will agree this goes in. But if this shit, and Popular Demand (Popeye's), are any indication of what Till The Casket Drops as a whole, has in store for us on December 8 (I'm going to pretend Eyes on Me never happened), I might be making the frantic run to my local music store, and take part in the movement... because this song is unreal.


No comments: