Monday, November 16, 2009

Old Skool Joint(s) of the Week

Ace of Base

If you are anything like me you've been jamming to Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" ever since the day the demo leaked (I promise this is relevant and not just an excuse to talk about Gaga). Assuming you were alive in the mid-90s and paid even the slightest attention to pop music you probably remember a little Swedish group called Ace of Base. Since everyone and their mama has pointed out the fact that "Alejandro" sounds a hell of a lot like an Ace of Base track, it felt like the the right time to revisit them.

I'm throwing up the video for "Beautiful Life" because it was their, um, most visually appealing and features one of my favourite uses of a green screen. I mean, they fly through a soccer field, a bar fight, and a night club, and it all looks so realistic! Everyone should be taking notes for their future recession-proof videos.




DL: Ace of Base - Beautiful Life
DL: Ace of Base - All That she Wants

No comments: