Sunday, December 27, 2009

In The Year 2005

In 2005 we graduated highschool and both went off to university which put an entire country between us. It should be mentioned that this had no adverse effect on our friendship since all we do is talk on the fucking phone anyway. Music was a pretty big deal this year too, since it was the only thing keeping us from breaking down into tears on buses and in classrooms.

Song of the Year
Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone

I can't think of another song that came out this decade that did a better job of getting regular kids and hipsters to forget the bullshit and rock out together.





DL:Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone





Anything Gwen Stefani Released This Year
- It was too hard to narrow it down to one song. Everything she put out off her solo effort was amazing.
Ciara feat. Missy Elliot- 1 2 step
- I know it’s kind of weird, but this is honestly the song that helped me stop being a pretentious indie fuck and remember that I actually enjoyed hip hop.
DHT - Listen To Your Heart
- This song only made the list because I distinctly remember Kristine singing it over the phone is a bizarre British accent on more than one occasion.
Jennifer Lopez - Get Right
- The closest she came to a comeback. I swear we never taped this video off tv and learned the dance. I never bought the single. And our favourite wasn't Latina J. Lo.
Madonna - Hung Up
- Confessions is pretty much my favourite pop album of the 2000s. Jsyk.
Destiny's Child - Soldier
Everything Mariah Carey Released This Year
- Mariah Carey was back in a big way with The Emancipation of Mimi.
Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends
The Killers - Mister Brightside
Bloc Party - Helicopter
Missy Elliot - Lose Control
Gavin Degraw - I Don't Want To Be
- Kristine's dad knows who this person is, and in an effort to make him sound cool, he let her know. Also, something about One Tree Hill.
Tegan and Sara - Where Does The Good Go?
- Anyone who's ever come across me either in real life or on the internet if probably aware of the fact that I'm a huge Tegan and Sara fan. Thanks to the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack, and hell of a lot of other people were this year too.
Rilo Kiley - Portions for Foxes
Lindsay Lohan - Confessions Of A Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)
Stars - Your Ex Lover Is Dead
THIS WAS THE YEAR WE FELL IN LOVE WITH KANYE WEST!!!!!!!!
T.I!!!!
-That's how I wrote those points down while we were coming up with this list, and that's how I'm keeping them. We're all about professionalism on this blog no one reads.

No comments: