Monday, December 28, 2009

In The Year 2006

In 2006 we finally turned 19, so what better song to represent this year that one that was played on every single dance floor in every single club on every single night in town?

Song of the Year:
Shakira feat. Wyclef - Hips Don't Lie



No download because I don't have a copy, and let's face it, this song is still freshly burned in all your brains so it's not like you need a reminder.


Honourable Mentions:

Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
- I'm not even going to pretend that I didn't I have a Fall Out Boy poster on my wall. And I'm not even going to pretend that it's not still there
All American Rejects - Move Along
-I'm pretty sure this song came out a while back, because I definitely remember streaming it on their MySpace every day before school to get me pumped to face the day
Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- If it weren't for that fucking Shakira this would have been the song of the year.
Paris Hilton - Stars Are Blind
- When Kristine was home on break from school Muchmusic played this video 5 times a night. I'm also not ashamed to admit that this was actually pretty catchy.
Ashlee Simpson - L. O. V. E.
Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
- I've never been as confused as I was the first time I saw Justin Timberlake make a cameo in a Nelly Furtado video.
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
- Do you guys remember when Grey's Antomy was a good show? Weren't those good times?
Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
- This one is most notable for being the theme song to The Hills.
Corrine Baily Rae - Put Your Records On
KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body
Rihanna - S.O.S
Justin Timberlake feat. T. I. - My Love
THIS IS THE YEAR KRISTINE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIPSTER BULLSHIT BECAUSE OF GREY'S ANATOMY AND ONE TREE HILL AND THE OC
- Remember what I said in that last post about professionalism? Yeah. I'm sticking with it.

No comments: