Saturday, April 25, 2009

What We're Turning #11: "I'd rather listen to trap shit than listen to this hipster garbage"

B.o.B. - Change Gon' Come (Feat. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth)

To whoever so eloquently typed that under the highly respected YouTube Comments box, so did I. And I'm embarassed to say, I was very strongly fucking mistaken. 

Not going to lie, I've always been proud of my unpredicatble taste in music.  I've never been one for hipster hip hop (no matter what the clothes I wear tell you about me)... Kid CuDi, Wale, Santigold, WHATEVER.  If Kanye was pimping it and it was up on RCRD LBL, I wasn't buying it. It wasn't for me.  Or so I fucking thought.

But with this one, I figured how could you really go wrong? Charles Hamilton already won me over when Brooklyn Girls played in an episode of Entourage, B.o.B had me hooked with his simple affiliation with my soon-to-be-incarcerated husband and his undeniable flow, and Asher Roth got me with his sexy mother fucking voice. 

As hipster as this shit maybe, I can't deny that it's a dope mother fucking song, and worth 50 some odd listens I've given it over the past 2 days  (all I've been playing is this and Asher Roth's other on, I Love College, UUUUUUUUUGH). Admitting this shit is like admitting I love The Lonely Island... not something that I'm completely ready to do yet

No comments: